top of page

Required Documents

* A copy of official and sealed transcript. This transcript is not required for visa processing in Korea. You may need a transcript copy for Korean Consulate/Embassy which you would contact for the actual visa stamp on your passport. You need to check with a particular Consulate/Embassy before you send out your passport/visa application. Different consulates may have different policy for the transcript. Please also make sure to check visa fee.

You can download the visa application here. (the application form can be changed without notice.)

Please make an electronic copy of each docs before you ship to Korea and keep them in file for future use.


If you have any questions pertaining to the above instructions please email at for more detailed explanation.


A Copy of Bachelor's Diploma with Apostille Attached

Successful applicants must submit an apostilled copy of their Bachelor’s diploma. The apostille will be affixed to a copy of the diploma by the government agency issuing the apostille. EPIK cannot return any documents after they have been submitted, so please do not submit an original diploma with an apostille.

Canada does not adhere to the apostille convention. Therefore, Canadian applicants must 1) have their documents notarized by a public notary, then 2) submit that notarized copy to the nearest Korean consulate or embassy for final notarization.

Applicants who are current or recent students and have not received their original diploma at the time of application must obtain a “letter of expected graduation” from their school’s Registrar Office. The letter should describe their academic program and expected degree as well as the date by which they will complete the requirements for that degree. This will serve as a temporary replacement for an apostilled Bachelor’s diploma, which must be submitted as soon as possible after the original diploma has been issued.

Criminal Record Check (CRC)

The Criminal Record Check (also known as a “Police Certificate”) must be issued by your national police authority. CRCs issued by police authorities below the national level will not be accepted. The CRC cannot be older than 6 months from when you plan to apply for your visa (usually one month prior to the contract start date). Once you have the CRC, you must have an apostille affixed to the original by the appropriate government office and submit the apostilled original.

Applicants from the United States must submit an FBI background check. Please be aware that the FBI check can take up to 12 weeks to receive, so we advise that you apply for it early. The FBI does not issue apostilles for the background check; you will have to submit it to either the Department of State or your Secretary of State.

Passport Photos

Send us 2 and keep 2 for your visa application that you need to submit to the Korean Consulate.

Original Sealed Transcripts

Some Korean consulates or embassies may require sealed transcripts to be submitted with applications for E2 visas (inquire at the consulate or embassy where you will be obtaining your visa). 

Current or recent students who have not completed their studies by the time of application must submit a current copy of their transcripts when applying and then another copy of their complete transcripts as soon as their degree has been awarded.

Copy of Passport

Include a simple photocopy or scan of the photo page of your passport, preferably in color.


You must also submit a photocopy of all the documents/apostilles you submit along with the actual originals/apostilles.  The only document which will not have copies is your transcripts, which must remain sealed.

Important Note: When copying apostilled documents, you may fold the document, but DO NOT remove the staple or detach the apostille after it has been affixed by the government office. If an apostille appears to have been removed and reattached to the document, it is considered invalid.

Korean Criminal Record Check

 - only for Applicants within Korea

Visit a main law enforcement branch (district or provincial branch) and ask for a Korean Criminal Record Check for “personal use” (개인용).  You should only need your Alien Registration Card and the required fee, but it would be best to call ahead of time to check and see if additional documents are required.  The process takes approximately 10-15 minutes, including the time needed to fill out the paperwork, and the results will either be given to you that day or mailed to your house.  Processing times can be different from district to district.  It would be best to go with someone who speaks Korean (co-teacher, friend, etc.).

bottom of page